7 Tips to Balancing Being Mom and Working From Home
The WAH/SAH Juggling Act
Finding balance is difficult to find when working from home, or at least it feels that way when you first start out. Your new business is budding and needs all the love and attention it can get, but so are your children – something’s gotta give and you don’t want it to be either!
For me, the realization you pay for everything in either time or money resonated loudly. Talk about a lightbulb moment. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still a hot mess and have some work to do, but overall, I’m finding it and here’s how!
Here are my 7 Tips to Balancing Being a Mom and Working From Home.
Steps to Balancing
1. Is there a service you can use to do some/all of a requirement for you? For me, this is Shop the Roe and Vizzlie!
2. Childcare – I have someone come to my home 1-2 times a week for about 5-6 hours at a time, and I work uninterrupted. I found all of my sitters on Care.com
3. Set a schedule and stick to it. I typically photograph for an hour or so while my sitter is here. Online parties on Thursday, in home parties on Friday and my weekly VIP on Saturday. Invoicing is done the day of and day after my online sales, and hit the post office on Monday and Friday each week. Stray from the schedule IF time permits! Shop the Box and random outfit sales are great!
4. Have a friend over to help you once a week, or whenever you need it!
5. My kids know if I have it planned to go live, they get to watch a movie – it’s the only time during the day they get to watch it and it typically only happens once a week.
6. Sometimes you just have to push all of that aside and just play with your kiddos – All of that nonsense will still be there when you’re finished playing.
7. Be kind to yourself and allow for your process to steadily evolve. Your kiddos love you and you love your kiddos, an hour here or there of them not getting your undivided attention will not kill them.
It’s That Easy?
Ha! Wouldn’t that be nice?! It’s all a process – just roll with it and have fun! If you ever stop having fun, step back and take a look at the situation. What can you change? There’s always a solution, you just have to keep an open mind and look for it.
Don’t forget to follow me HERE to keep up with my ever changing schedule, as life of mom and business owner is one that’s constantly evolving!